PDA

View Full Version : Trail leader volunteers?

Kejtar
April 27th, 2008, 14:04
Depending on the number of folks that show up and the trails that are open we will give folks opportunity to go on various difficulty trails. If you want to volunteer to lead a group on Sat post up.

Thanks
Remi

xL8 APEKSx
April 27th, 2008, 17:51
I could lead the bunny slopes. HAHA!

Jump This
April 27th, 2008, 20:12
Heck, I don't know where the trails are, but I can get
any group as lost as the next guy!

I'll be there, give me a map and I'll lead!

Rick

johnnyc
April 27th, 2008, 20:13
I'll help out. Since I'm going on the John Bull night run, I can lead Deep Creek Saturday morning.

(Don't let Rick lead)

JohnX
April 27th, 2008, 20:30
Heck, I don't know where the trails are, but I can get
any group as lost as the next guy!

I'll be there, give me a map and I'll lead!

Rick
No need for a map...you're in a Jeep...point and drive :D

Kejtar
April 27th, 2008, 20:32
No need for a map...you're in a Jeep...point and drive :D
That.... does not always work out to well.....

GrimmJeeper
April 27th, 2008, 21:09
That.... does not always work out to well..... ahem..... cough cough (last year... one group didnt come back till very late....) cough cough...

:D

GrimmJeeper
April 27th, 2008, 21:11
i wont volunteer to lead but i'd like to see a gold mountain run.. it will be my wife's first offroad adventure, and i'd like to break her in easy without scaring the crap out of her lol.. last year a stock suburban made the whole trail so you stocker or small lift open/open guys this would be a good trail to start on!

:rof:

xL8 APEKSx
April 27th, 2008, 23:24
Doesn't Gold Mountain carry the same rating as John Bull?

johnnyc
April 27th, 2008, 23:40
No, Gold Mountain is easier than John Bull.

There are a couple of ledges and the talus slope, which has a bypass. There was no snow or ice on the backside three weeks ago. So no toboggan run. :)

ruggedjeep
April 28th, 2008, 00:29
Dont let sequoia lead, last year it took us about 2 hours after we left discovery center to get to holcomb from via a "shortcut"

4xSanta
April 28th, 2008, 08:29
Dont let sequoia lead, last year it took us about 2 hours

after we left discovery center to get to holcomb from via a "shortcut"

X2.......SANTA

xL8 APEKSx
April 28th, 2008, 09:27
Dont let sequoia lead, last year it took us about 2 hours after we left discovery center to get to holcomb from via a "shortcut"

HAHAHA! I know where that trailhead is, we have a cabin in Green Valley Lake. I can lead the paved portion of the expedition. ;)

Jump This
April 28th, 2008, 10:13
HAHAHA! I know where that trailhead is, we have a cabin in Green Valley Lake. I can lead the paved portion of the expedition. ;)

Next years party is at YOUR place!!

Bent
April 28th, 2008, 11:06
I’m not going to be able to lead the Onyx, Pontiac, and Heartbreak ridge this year. I have to be in San Diego for a conference. Timing is everything, don’t ya know.

4xSanta
April 28th, 2008, 15:24
I'll help out. Since I'm going on the John Bull night run, I can lead Deep Creek Saturday morning.

(Don't let Rick lead)

I'LL run Deep Creek with ya Johnny......SANTA

johnnyc
April 28th, 2008, 15:40
I'LL run Deep Creek with ya Johnny......SANTA

And I'll promise not to leave you behind again. I'll lay out the ground rules before the run.

xL8 APEKSx
April 28th, 2008, 18:15
Next years party is at YOUR place!!

I posted an offer months ago...zero replies! :laugh3:

Jump This
April 28th, 2008, 18:19
I posted an offer months ago...zero replies! :laugh3:

What?
You don't put out or something?

paulhead
April 28th, 2008, 20:15
i wont volunteer to lead but i'd like to see a gold mountain run.. it will be my wife's first offroad adventure, and i'd like to break her in easy without scaring the crap out of her lol.. last year a stock suburban made the whole trail so you stocker or small lift open/open guys this would be a good trail to start on!

:rof:
Ditto, my wifes' second time but my kids first. I've run it quite a few times, nice starter.

NikVallens
April 29th, 2008, 01:06
Ive run John Bull a couple times without any problems. If theres no one else I could help out with that run

KRAKER
April 29th, 2008, 14:56
Iím not going to be able to lead the Onyx, Pontiac, and Heartbreak ridge this year. I have to be in San Diego for a conference. Timing is everything, donít ya know.

That SUCKS!!!! That is an awesome run.

Jump This
April 29th, 2008, 16:41
Iím not going to be able to lead the Onyx, Pontiac, and Heartbreak ridge this year. I have to be in San Diego for a conference. Timing is everything, donít ya know.

I have never done that run before and was interested in checking it out.
That is the trail that starts near the dump right?

Kevin3151
April 30th, 2008, 00:25
What is the hardest run out there (that we are likely to run).

I have done John Bull, but that was easy on 31's with one locker.

KH

Bent
April 30th, 2008, 10:08
I have never done that run before and was interested in checking it out.
That is the trail that starts near the dump right?
I start it out @ Hwy 38 & 2N01.

Gerr
May 2nd, 2008, 06:20
What is the hardest run out there (that we are likely to run).

I have done John Bull, but that was easy on 31's with one locker.

KH
John bull was re-worked late last year, the rock garden was hand placed by a bunch of hard core guys I bet it is more fun now

Kejtar
May 2nd, 2008, 07:35
John bull was re-worked late last year, the rock garden was hand placed by a bunch of hard core guys I bet it is more fun now
When did they rework it? Last time I drove it after a supposed rework (last year May) I was not impressed.

Gerr
May 2nd, 2008, 08:00
Late october they added some rocks and blocked off the bypasses that people made. Last I herd it was possibly the hardest it had ever been

When did they rework it? Last time I drove it after a supposed rework (last year May) I was not impressed.

johnnyc
May 2nd, 2008, 08:51
Funny. We just ran John Bull three weeks ago. I was thinking that it was the easiest it's ever been. Nobody had any problems.

Kejtar
May 2nd, 2008, 09:55
Funny. We just ran John Bull three weeks ago. I was thinking that it was the easiest it's ever been. Nobody had any problems.
Well, I guess that goes to show that XJ's are superior offroad :D

GrimmJeeper
May 2nd, 2008, 09:57
will there be an easy run this year???

Kejtar
May 2nd, 2008, 10:03
Yes. Trails will be determined by tomorrow morning to compensate for trail closures/openings and trail leaders available.

johnnyc
May 2nd, 2008, 10:11
Well, I guess that goes to show that XJ's are superior offroad :D

I shouldn't say that we had NO problems. :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/xjohnnyc/Big%20Bear/IMG_1329.jpg

paulhead
May 2nd, 2008, 10:14
Gold Mt. bro

GrimmJeeper
May 2nd, 2008, 10:25
Gold Mt. bro i know but nobody said they would lead, ive only run it once, so i sure as hell cant do it.

paulhead
May 2nd, 2008, 10:46
i know but nobody said they would lead, ive only run it once, so i sure as hell cant do it.
I've run it probably 6-7 times so if no one with more experience comes forward I don't have a prob leading it. I'm not running anything more difficult with my kids.