• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering column up and down wiggle

boybrushedplad

NAXJA Forum User
hey can somebody direct me to a source for a tear down of the steering column.

I've got up and down wiggle. The movement is right at the end of the actual shaft that comes from the front of the vehicle at the back of the column the blinker ignesion switch and all that other stuff is on. I got in it and can see that it seems some steel screws must be stripped out because they are just moving around loosely when i wiggle it up and down.

I justed notice an up and down wiggle on mine too, but mine is a 95 without tilt and with an air bag. Does anyone know if the procedure is the same as those posted?

Like Tim said in post #4, use the Elcamino write he referenced for easy guidance instructions. And yes there are four screws that need to be tightened. Do it soon so they don't come out and lock up your column in a turn. It's a fairly easy procedure, with step by step photos. Just did mine last week.

Yeah, you have the Chrysler column with airbag, not the older style column from GM.

I haven't heard about a Chrysler column becoming loose, it's only been the GM columns I've read about.

Back