• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny

dss

NAXJA Forum User
hey, i was looking for some help with my jeep. I have an 88 cheeroke stroked and a low end cam and a stock aw4 tranny. the problem i have is that when i hit second gear in four low the car buggs down and when I shift to 3 it stops doing and runs perfect. it also runs perfect in first. Now what im wondering is if the tranny is bad or possibly something else. If there is, is there any ae better tranny i can put in it?

Are you talking about wide open? My jeep can't shift fast enough for WOT romps in 4-low lol. It launches like a 10 second car then bangs the rev limiter, shifts, bangs the limiter, shifts, and bangs the limiter. Poor trans can't keep up with the quick revs especially with tire spin. Solution? There is no Real reason other than F'ing off to get after it that hard in 4-low lol.

Back