• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 to 5.5 the right way

norcalsnow

NAXJA Forum User
I have the RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit, sye, running 31 10.50 r15's . its been fun and taught me how to drive a little better, but i want to step it up. i want to add another inch to my lift and throw on some 33 12.50 r15 bfg mt's. the gears will be at 4.56so that wont be an isssue. my question is, could i add 1'' shackles in the rear and 5.5 coils in the front and be ok. or will i need to replace the uca's and lca's to fix the angles, and possibly the tracbar...am i leaving anything out...shocks???. re gave me some relocation brackets for the lca's on the 4.5 i have but i havent put them on, nor had a problem yet. any input, ideas or personal expiriences would be helpfull...p.s. please dont say blocks and spacers...(someone will)

why not just trim

trimming would work fine, but i wanted to get some more flex out of it and a little extra clearance..even with 5.5 i would probably hafta trim for 33 12.50's to get that nice tuck and every inch of flex...correct me if im wrong though.

I had to trim mine pretty good and I am running 33s on an RE 5.5 kit. Ideally I would like to set my rig up like some of the DPG XJs. 35s on a 4.5"

I currently run the RE 3.5 superflex (RE6030) with a 1.5" shackle added in the rear. I have a full compliment of tools, gear, and an M8000 winch in a C4x4 bumper. I trimmed like mad and have very little rubbing (which I fixed last night :D) running 33-12.2-15 MTR's and it flexes like crazy.

I think trimming is the way to clear tires. I don't think you are going to gain much flex just going higher, although the longer shackles will help in the rear some. Are you already using long arms? What about adjustable CA's? Once you go higher in the front you will be pushing the limits of the existing CA's and I'm not sure how much help the relocation brackets will be.

Wish I had more to offer.

norcalsnow said:
I have the RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit, sye, running 31 10.50 r15's . its been fun and taught me how to drive a little better, but i want to step it up. i want to add another inch to my lift and throw on some 33 12.50 r15 bfg mt's. the gears will be at 4.56so that wont be an isssue. my question is, could i add 1'' shackles in the rear and 5.5 coils in the front and be ok. or will i need to replace the uca's and lca's to fix the angles, and possibly the tracbar...am i leaving anything out...shocks???. re gave me some relocation brackets for the lca's on the 4.5 i have but i havent put them on, nor had a problem yet. any input, ideas or personal expiriences would be helpfull...p.s. please dont say blocks and spacers...(someone will)

Hey Norcalsnow (cool name btw) I dont have any help to offer you unfortunitly but I was wondering how your liked your RE6130 with the 31x10.5R15 and the sye. Im asking because thats exactly what Im doing along with major front body pan restoration.I have the kit but I havent had the time to get it and im still saving for my tires and sye. What are your thoughts aboutthe kit and do you have any pointers. Like did you upgrade your track bar, if not how did the original work out. Im sorry not trying to highjack the thred If youd like you can PM a response. thanks tim

i'm runing the the re5.5 la kit and custom bumpers front and rear, 33x13.50 ltbs with 4 inches of bumpstop spacers front and rear with those stupid bushwackers front and rear, and lots of trimming.... i dont' rub the arms unless flexed on the passenger side and turned hard left. the back doesn't rub... i took off the bushwacker flares and no more rubbing unless i'm going for compitition flex. this week i will putting my 2 inch spacers back on with 3 more inches of bumpstop in the front cuz it just flexs too much in the front, and be running 36x12.5 tsl's i might add 2 inches bumpstop in the rear just to see what happens. btw, i'm runing a d30 and d44 rear with 4.10 gears lockrite rear and ected front and am happy with that set up.
i'm gonna have to regear to 4.88s with the 36s i think
i will wait and see how it does, if i break a d30 axelshaft i will swap in my hp d44 front and run 5.13s

btw again-trailer quee

Back