• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Windows No Worky

green xj 2000

NAXJA Forum User
My power windows aren't rolling up anymore, but the problem has progressed to this...

It all started a couple years ago when people riding with me weren't able to roll up their windows from their controls; I could roll them up, and sometimes (if I wiggled the window lock button) my buds could get their window control back. After a few months, they never got the control back... but my senses grew stronger and I was able to just hear the click when someone was trying to roll their window down and I could do it for them. Then even that control started to get shaky. I could control all the windows from my driver side switches for a couple years. Then my right rear window was rolled down about six inches and it hasn't been up since.

So then I had control of all but the right rear window. I took apart my driver side door (really only to fix my speaker) and when I put it all back together the rest of the windows didn't work. This is a bummer since my driver side window is all of the way down (and it don't wanna go up at the momment).

I have searched some forums for problems similar to mine and found that people either said to look for a bad ground (G302?...) or replacing the master switch. Most talked about consulting your trusty FSM (which should be here any day now) to try and figure it out.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, or any words of guidance...

Take the drivers door pannel off, or the kick pannel under the dash. Look for a big brown wire and a big yellow one. Under the dash these wires will be with a red one in a 3 prong connector. Behind the door pannel, off of the switch it will be pretty obvious. Run a jumper BETWEEN them, not just cutting and splicing them together. Then check for a voltage drop, because it could still be a ground issue (this just fixes the lockout button issue...)
If you take off the door pannel, check the connections at the back of the switch (could be loose, maybe burned??).

There is a couple of links in this post. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=931331&highlight=power+window I think the one on jeepforum has the pics that the guy above mentioned. It takes about 15 minutes to do and it is worth just loosing the lockout. I had the jumper behind the door panel by the switch and it worked for a little while, but the one jumper behind the kick panel has been working flawlessly

Back