• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dakota or S-10's for a bastard pack

paulhead

I overtighten $#!t
NAXJA Member
Was wondering which springs gave a smoother ride or better lift.

I've got the dakota leafs in mine and it gave me ~4" of lift but are pretty stiff. Going to try moving the leaf clamps closer to axle to allow a little more flex and see if that softens it up.

a bastard pack either way is going to be pretty stiff. i've heard the s10 bastard pack is on the stiffer side of comfortable, but i personally have no experience... play around with it mixing and matching. if you use more longer leafs it will be softer... so take all the long leafs from whichever one you get and all your factory long leafs and see what happens. lots of variability.

I'm supposed to be doing an MJ bastard pack next weekend "hopefully". I am using just the main directly underneath my main to see where i'm at because the front coils are settled at 2.5" on the MJ now. I want a little higher in the rear due to the 400lbs. in tools i constantly carry. I'll try to get picks and my results up i'm setting my hopes high because with stock wheels on both, his rockers are sitting almost 6" higher than mine!!! Talk about sacked out suspension and shocks.

I did the Dakota leafs. I am at about 4-4.5 with then and its bearable. Yes its stiff but then again Im not driving a cadi.:)

Hell yeah! Dakota bastards unite! J/K, but you can add remove leafs from the Dakota pack once you have the main cut and the jeep apart. I put them all in and put the tires back on and bounced on the bumper and ended up taking the second leaf down out and using 1/2 ton chevy shackles upside down and a 1-1/2" block to mach my 6-1/2 lift springs up front...

Hey!! Look what I found (old thread while searching). Went to Pick a Part today and found a 97 Dakota, will those springs work? If not what are the preferred years? Thanx

I would use cherokee leafs. that is what i used. i used 3 packs total and got about 4.5 to 5.5 inches.

You mean 3 XJ leaves in addition to the stock pack?

Sorry for the quick reply but no. A total of 3 XJ leaves. Mine and 2 others. I used 2 XJ main and second and then my full pack.

Back