• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting Push Bar

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
I recently picked up what looks like a smittybilt bumper thumper type push bar for my XJ out of a throwing it away pile. Are there any brackets I need for this, or anyone have a basic idea of how to mount this thing? Its narrower than the towhook mounts, so it can't go there. Was there a change in front crossmember width at any point, and maybe this is for an older XJ? Or maybe it doesn't even fit an XJ and the previous owner was wrong?

Thanks.

The only thing Ive ever read was that it would mount to the factory bumper mounts.

It also has 2 what I thought were light tabs on the top tube, but it appears they might be mounting points to go right above the grill? I can't picture anywhere on the XJ front that you could bolt something like that...

I had one on my xj for a while when i got it it had a plate that went between the frame and the bumper bracket. later i got front tow hook brackets and it bolted to that as well. removing the plates of course

My tow hooks mount on the outside of the "frame", while it looks like this would try to mount on the inside :dunno:

Back