• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trans/tork converter or ?

supsa

NAXJA Forum User
Went wheelin last weekend and all was good till I tried to go over a small log and it wouldn't do it. It seemed like the trans was slipping. I didn't pust it so I went back to camp. Checked fluid and all was good so I tried driving up a stump and the same thing but this time started to smoke. Was going to do a trans flush but I wanted to ask all of you guys. What could it be? Friend told me it could be the tork converter. thank

Where was the smoke coming from? If it was coming from the tail pipe, the smoke certainly wasn't caused directly by your torque convertor. Do you ahve any other symptoms such as loss of power, oil consumption, etc?

Never had a issue with it over heating but the smoke came from my radiator driver side just for a second. It does not slip in 2wd only under load in 4 low. Shifts fine driving on the road and have not seem any smoke. I have noticed that there is alot of blowback into my air filter.

Back