• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackle nut size request- searched and only found a maybe...

fattmann

NAXJA Forum User
Dealing with the shackle nut problem in baby steps. Was looking for the nut size for inside the frame rail (not the bolt head, know thats a 21mm). Found only one result and it was a "maybe 24mm". I'm trying to gather all the tools before i start cutting into the channel.

Thanks in advanced.

Hmmm.. nobody? I know plenty have taken the nut off manually given by the number of shackle installation questions. Yet nobody seems to mention the wrench size of the problem nut..

Can't remember for sure either. But 24 sounds right. I know it was larger than the bolt head.

I thought I had the definitive answer, but I have 2 custom ground sockets in my toolbox. A 23mm and a 15/16 (tiny bit smaller than 24mm) I think it was the 15/16 that worked. Once you get through the inside frame wall, you'll find the nut is recessed inside a hole with very little clearance. I had to OD grind the last inch of a 6 point deepwell socket down to 1-3/16 to get the socket inside the hole to reach the nut. Too bad you're not local, I have the socket you need.

Back