• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

In need of alignment?

MattXJ7

NAXJA Forum User
alright, well my friend was driving behind me the other day, and he noticed that my car was dog tracking...idk if thats the term used for what im trying to explain, so i drew a diagram in paint

the car drives in a perfectly strait line, and i cant notice it from driving..but two people have said it does this..

my question is, would an alignment job fix this?

dogtracking.jpg

thanks,

-Matt

i don't know man ? looks like your wheels are bent to me ?

j/k you need to figure out if it's the front or rear or both, before you do anything. is it lifted ? after market CA's ? OEM axles ? stock ?

This is off Tire Racks web site:

'On a solid rear axle vehicle, this requires a thrust angle alignment that allows the technician to confirm that all four wheels are "square" with each other. Thrust angle alignments also identify vehicles that would "dog track" going down the road with the rear end offset from the front. If the thrust angle isn't zero on many solid rear axle vehicles, a trip to a frame straightening shop is required to return the rear axle to its original location.'

Thrust angle aglinments here run about $40-$50 You probably don't need a frame shop, but a good alighnment tech should be able to determine the problem. The tech that did my alignment after the lift even centred my front diff with the Adjustable tracbar.

I want to know how you adjust the thrust angle on a rear leaf sprung axle....

JNickel101 said:
I want to know how you adjust the thrust angle on a rear leaf sprung axle....

If you find out you let me know as well, but knowing the thrust angle is important for 1. setting the front toe and centering the steering wheel and 2. determining if there is a problem with the rear.

If this problem wasn't there before the lift was installed a good alignment shop should be able to fix whatever is wrong as well as center the front diff with the trac bar.

Back