• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44s

XJRunner

NAXJA Forum User
Ok my Cherokee has the factory Dana 44 (lucky i know). My question is, what is the deiiference in the gears between mine and the rubicons?

XJRunner said:
Ok my Cherokee has the factory Dana 44 (lucky i know). My question is, what is the deiiference in the gears between mine and the rubicons?

Yours should have 3.55's and If memory serves me right the rubi 44's were 4.10's

If your talking about the early Rubi's(not the JK),the only difference is that they use "thick" gears and have 7/16" bolts instead of 3/8".

RCP Phx said:
If your talking about the early Rubi's(not the JK),the only difference is that they use "thick" gears and have 7/16" bolts instead of 3/8".
X2, which means, you can regear say....from 3.50 to 4.10 without a carrier change by just enlarging the ring gear bolt holes on your present carrier.....or so I've heard---------Hans

Back