• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Running BF Goodrich All Terrain 235/75/15????

bclava730

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone is running 235 75 15 BF goodrich all terrain KOs on their stock XJ if so how does everyone like these tires? road noise? off road performance? on road performance?

Thanks

On a set of 31 BFG's, when they got low on tread, the cords started popping out prematurely. That's the only expirience Ive had wit hthem.

Great tire. True Tested. Good for light wheeling. Great in the snow. PM Rev about them.

Im running em on my jeep, went with 8 inch rims too, but ran into clearance problems. Lifted 1" in front and 1.5 in back, still occasional rubbing. So i plan on switching back to a stock size rim. Not noisey at all. Great traction, Only downside i noticed is that i lost about 1-2 mpg with them on. Lift may have hurt that some, but belive I saw the drop when i put the tires on. Put the lift kit on about a month later.

bclava730 said:
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone is running 235 75 15 BF goodrich all terrain KOs on their stock XJ if so how does everyone like these tires? road noise? off road performance? on road performance?

Thanks

Same size, got them on my two XJs. Low noise, good all around, I suspect that my mileage dropped a little.

Bclava I have these tires on stock steel rims and my xj is stock hight. No problems great in snow and, mud just don't go crazy. Good luck hope this helps.
Ernrok

If you rotate them and your front end is in good shape and aligned, you will get tired of looking at them before you wear them out. I get between 40 and 50k out of the BFG AT KO on average.

Great tire. Had them on the XJ until the 33s went on. Have also run them on a full size Bronco with equally good results. They are not a mud tire, but are fine for any other terrain. They are excellet on pavement, summer or winter. The 235x75s did not rub on my saggy stock suspension.

Have to agree, I bought some (235-75-R15) cheap used and half tread once, put about 15K miles on them in a year, lots of interstate driving. Not a mud tire though, ran off the road one stormy night and literaly couldnt drive up the clay embankment to save my life (there were actually tornadoes touching down in the woods around me). Scary stuff. Bought some good mud tires the next day. The AT's were at quarter tread.

I currently run them in the 30x9.5 flavor, and love them! Great road manners on both dry and wet pavement. I've put around 15,000 miles on them, and they are barely showing any signs of wear.

Off road, they do have their limitations (mud), but most would be surprised as to what they can actually do. I run mine on a 15x8 and at 15psi they connect really well. :thumbup:

P1010041.jpg

When I upgrade tire sizes it's going to be hard not go with these again.

I have 50K and 5 years of hard driving on mine and they are still in good shape (more than 50% tread). They have been good but have always given me issues on wet pavement. Anything more than a light touch and they break free and will break free on a hard 1/2 shift.
Good tire for the money.

i am running bfg casings on my retreads sorry no help with the tire question. I hear they are a great tire and last a long time. They aren't exactly a mud tire though

Im also running them. This is my second set on the truck, last set lasted 100,000 miles, 8 years. All of the above comments are true,

Good Luck with them!

If you havent bought them yet you should really consider 30x9.50s. They fit with no rubbing on my stock 93. They fill the wheelwell a little better and are a little taller. Either way you should like them.
Ron

Back