• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Source for quarter window weatherstrip for a 2 door?

WrenchMonkey

NAXJA Member #771
NAXJA Member
Searched for two days (rear side, window, weatherstrip, molding, gasket...) and found half a dozen threads on how to get em out and back in, but none on where to get the gasket.

My windows have the small vent windows, so I guess that makes it harder. My glass is fine, so I don't want to replace that. But the right window squeaks in its frame and is driving me nuts!

I don't want to go to the 'yard, cause I don't know that theirs are any better than mine. I'd really rather have new, but don't know where to get em...

The dealer wouldn't still have something like that, would they?

Thanks in advance!

Robert

edit: It's an 89, but I think the windows were all the same...

90xj06 said:
add a little engine oil to the hinge and locking mechanism.

Nice thought, but I actually pulled the vent window, hinge, and latch completely out, to isolate the squeak...

Thanks anyway!

Robert

I_1BADXJ_I said:
Well, thanks, but I did look there. They have nothing listed for a two door, but I just noticed the "If you don't see it, email us" addy, so I will give em a shout...

Thanks

Robert

I would look again they have them for the 2dr.

I have some that's used in the frame from when I pulled the window out of a 2-door. It's used obviously, but you could have it free if you want to drive up to Middletown, it's for a passenger side though if there's a difference.

jfiscus said:
I have some that's used in the frame from when I pulled the window out of a 2-door. It's used obviously, but you could have it free if you want to drive up to Middletown, it's for a passenger side though if there's a difference.

Well, thanks! I did send an email to the guys at "team cherokee," and if they get back to me with a new one, I'll go that way. But if not, I'd sure appreciate yours...

Thanks
Robert

Pioneer84 said:
I would look again they have them for the 2dr.

Well, after two weeks of miscommunications, missed emails, and long distance phone calls, they tell me they can't get the empty frame/seal. I can only buy the whole window -- glass, vent, hinge and latch, for $280 shipped.

Not a bad price for all that, but "all that" is a lot more than I need.

So unless somebody has another source, I guess I'm gonna hit up jfiscuc for his used one...

Thanks much,
Robert

Back