• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9 inch front

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
so say I had one these ..but the diff was on the driver side ..could I then use my chevy outers and make a 9 inch front ..granted I would have to have currie reverse the axle tubes ..but should work right..?

CE0001.JPG

and Im just guessing that a 9" with chromos is WAY stronger thant a 44 with chromos..or

now is it worth it compared to a my hp d44 with chromos and alloy usa joints:flame:

I have called currie about their 9" front ends. They go out the door for the same price as their 44's. The down side appears to be the fact that you are limited to the exact same outers and joints as the 44. I personally like the fact that you could build an axle thats internals are much stronger than the outer stuff, so the outer stuff will break as a fuse. I'm not too keen, however, on the cost.

You're better off in terms of clearance going with a Spidertrax-style housing. For a bare housing it's around $400-$450 depending on tube thickness.

The best way to go is using 60-sized stuff for the outers. With 760x joints and 19-spline stubs the 44 center section isn't your weak point.

I love my front Currie 9, but the time you buy the heavy duty housing, tubes, shave the bottom and use there good axles, its about 450.00 more than the 44.

My next front axle will be a Currie 9 shaved housing with 1 ton inner Cs with a TrueHi 9 ARB carrier. I really feel that it will be the best of both worlds. Light weight compared to a 60, high pinion, 35 splines to the hub, big brakes. It should be good up to 40s................ now just have to save money$$$$$$! I think I can build it for about $4000 plus or minus.

goodburbon said:
I have called currie about their 9" front ends. They go out the door for the same price as their 44's. The down side appears to be the fact that you are limited to the exact same outers and joints as the 44. I personally like the fact that you could build an axle thats internals are much stronger than the outer stuff, so the outer stuff will break as a fuse. I'm not too keen, however, on the cost.

ok so this is do able whether it be a spider 9 or reg 9"

after I posted I got to thinking ,,,the weak poin ton the D44 is the outers so it would kinda be redundant to beef up the center section

right??

so basically go with the 60 outers and be done with it...

OT does anyone here plate the inner c's on a d44 and or gusset them

Back