• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hack-n-tap seal

Mike1331

NAXJA Forum User
I have used go-jeeps web site as a reference for materials for the hack-n-tap sye on my 87 242tcase. I have the tom woods slip yoke that utilizes the 1310 u-joint, a front shaft out of a ZJ and the RE red anodized housing for the seal with no seal. Apparently the seal from the RE hack-n-tap won't work with this set up, the only one I could find was the one from go jeeps site that references an aussie web site. They want to charge me 25 bucks for a 2 dollar seal just to ship it overseas. Has anybody found a seal with an outer dimension of 59.1mm and a 37.5 shaft size or any seal to fit this combo of listed parts in the US? I’ve goggled the hell out of this seal and can’t find it anywhere.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Go to a seal and bearing supplier, give him the id,od and thickness, if he cannot cross reference this he can go by dimension and fix you up

Back