• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best lift kit for a 2001 xj

FL. 2001 XJ

NAXJA Forum User
looking at a rubicon express 4.5 lift!
I want to tuck 32inch tires any one have any opinions on this lift?
Does any one have any suggestions on any other lifts?

FL. 2001 XJ said:
looking at a rubicon express 4.5 lift!
I want to tuck 32inch tires any one have any opinions on this lift?
Does any one have any suggestions on any other lifts?

I have the 3.5 kit and 31's and definitly have room for 33's with a bit of trimming. I am actually going to be getting 33's tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. The ride is decent onroad and I f'in love it offroad. Do yourself a favor though and spend the extra bit for some decent shocks. I got DT3000's with mine (they were free, so why the hell not) and they ride like ass... stiff hard ass.

Order it from JeepinOutfitters.com, they are great and the customer service is top notch.

X2 on JeepinOutfitter. i ordered the 4.5"RE from them. love it. Also with the 4.5", i had a SYE installed as well as 6* shims, and have not had any vibes. clears 33s perfect.

future_xj4.jpg

I have Rough Country 4.5" and 32x11.5x15. Wheels are 15x10.

Needed some trimming up front, but just for sharp turns. I drove it for a couple of weeks before I started trimming.

Im running the Rustys Offroad 6.5 with 33/12.50's. I have had it for about 5 years now and does well for what I need it for. I have alot of supporting mods to get it dialed in right.

Just remember, the higher you go, the more that your gonna spend in other places to keep everything else working right. i.e. steering, sye, trac bar, axle turn. etc.

i have the RE 3.5" superflex kit on my 01 and im running 32s. they were rubbing on the bumper end caps up front when turning, so i just took em off. i trimmed the fenders a little anyways though. so yeah.. also upgrade to the OME shocks. good luck

DO spend the extra money for their full leaf kit. it will ride high in the rear for a bit but throw some extra weight in it and it'll settle quicker and ride nicer in the mean time. Definately get nicer shocks (Bilstein 5150's are amazing for the $--about $99 a shock) You will also without a doubt need a SYE and new rear driveshaft. From Performanceoffroadcenter.com you can get a kit for 189.00 and you can run an XJ front driveshaft in the rear (it'll possibly need some modification, but cheapest option probably) oh and get a pair of JKS swaybar disconnects. they are well worth the money and way better than the RE ones!

With bigger lifts you'll run into bad front pinion angles. the 2000+s have LP30s.

I think its like 95-99 that have the 297 joints. So shoot for a later model 30

FL. 2001 XJ said:
what is the difference between hp d30 and lp d30? Not to familar yet with jeep diffs.

HP = High Pinion
LP = Low Pinion

LP makes the pinion lower to the ground causing it to have harsher angles when lifted. As a result when lifting a post 99 a front axle swap is usually in order.

lancey3 said:
With bigger lifts you'll run into bad front pinion angles. the 2000+s have LP30s.
I was fine @ 4.5" on my '01

F 150 front springs + spacers and S-10 rear + blocks and/or shackles Many do not like blocks but with good stiff springs, axle wrap is not the problem (2 inch max of block) it can be with soft springs. But with truck springs it will ride like one. I like them myself.
At 4.5 you may what to do drop brackets and/or longarm. Brake line should be at there max. (IMO) Rear SYE of some type. Shims should be needed for piston angle. Last,a bumper sticker that reads. "IF YOU CAN READ THIS. FLIP ME OVER. I got one of them to. Luck

Back