• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Guy needs some part numbers!!

97Jeepers

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy all!

Im new to this forum, just bought my first XJ, a 97 in great shape (except for the complete lack of regular maintance done to the car by the PO) for a thousand bucks. Put about 800 into it, including new rear "country" HD springs, shocks, tune up, windshield etc, and then 2 days later i moved to Ohio from NJ. Towing a trailer too! This thing's a complete champ! Its a 97 sport 4 door with a 4.0 and the Ax15 and NP231, I thought it was a great deal.

The thing I need is;

I am currently a college co op student working dor DANA in Maumee Ohio, where we work on prorotype designs for the OEM's. I can get blueprints for the Xj DANA 44, I just need the 8 or so digit part number scribed on the pass. side axle tube, if I have the number I can get the prints, and then I can post some dimensions for the guys who want to put a 44 under their xj. For new guys, this is a great benefit because having a drawing rather than just comparing to the stock rear can make things seem a bit less challenging! I am planning on finding an xj with 44s and swapping those, reinforcing the unitbody, rhinolining the whole underside of the truck and possibly adding either the 2.8L diesel from the libby or the 2.7l diesel from sprinter (I've got a few contacts with chrysler!)

I just need a few part numbers, but any DANA part I can get dimensions for I'll check the legality of actually posting the blueprints ( might be easier because of the fact that the model isn't in production anymore)

Thanks

97Jeepers said:
I am planning on finding an xj with 44s and swapping those,

you do know xj's only came with 44's in the rear, right? (if anyone knows anything about the export xj, PLEASE chime in...

sinse you asked... my xj d44 rear reads: 10 29 6 3B 605342 H...
not that fitment is in doubt....

Thanks for the replies, Im learning more and more about this great compay every day! I know that the service manuals are online, but I was looking to print out a full scale blueprint of the axle in case I couldn't find an Xj 44 in a junkyard, and i needed spring plate, shock mounting locations, etc. I just like to have all of the necessary drawings and information before I do a swap.

Thanks

I have a D44 front from a South American XJ - its basically a Rubicon front axle, but high pinion....

Back