• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water on headliner, RF floor well

darth_linux

NAXJA Forum User
HI

I've got a lot of water at the corners of my headliner where they meet the windshield AND water building up in the passenger side front floor area. Someone told me that my roof rack gaskets are leaking and I saw on the forum somewhere that the windshields leak too. A guy with a 97 ZJ said he had a bad door seal that caused water in his front floor area to build up . . . How do I figure out which it is, or if it's both?

I can't "see" where the water is originating, only where it accumulates. Any help is appreciated. It's an 89 XJ with 217000 miles.

thanks

yeah, probably the windshield,mine leaks from the driver side headliner,and drips onto my wiper control arm.fun huh. now i know why my floor has a 1 foot hole in it...

The tried and true method to find a water leak especially for you is pull the headliner out and put a couple of towels down in the floor board then sit in the passenger seat while someone runs a water hose over the area to see where it's coming in at.

my 93 XJ gets wet in the right foot well because of a poor drain in the AC evaporator box. Run the AC and see if it drips down onto the carpet.

Back