• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 1630 install questions (UCA nut and new CA length)

OBXJ

NAXJA Forum User
edit: RE6130 in title line

I was putting the lift in tonight and I've gotten both LCA's and 1 UCA off but I'm having a helluva time getting the passenger side nut off the UCA bolt. It requires a deep socket but you cant fit one in due to the proximity of the transmission/starter housing.

Im sure I've stripped it trying to get it off with an adjustable wrench and vice grips because nothing else i have will fit up there. Anyone have any suggestions on how I should get that nut off?

Also,

I've checked the chart here to make sure i set the CA's to the correct length before I put em in but Im not clear on where on the CA's these measurements apply. In other words, for the LCA's, should it be 16.5" end to end or to the center of the bolt holes on the new CA's?

Last edited:
stronger vice grips. or a combination wrench. slide it on there and the start wrenching on the other side. should twist up and bind itself up in there allowing you to take it off.

The measurements are eye-to-eye, due to the potential differences in end-to-end measurements (different materials, etc) Thanks for pointing that out though; I've made the change.

As for getting the nut off there? At this point it really sounds like it might be Vise-Grip time if you've really jacked it up. I remember mine being tough to get to, but I think we just switched to a different wrench and made it work...

Re: RE 6130 install questions (UCA nut and new CA length)

Thanks all for the input. I'll give the vise-grips another go. Worse case, i'll use a pipe wrench on it since I'll be replacing the nut anyways!

Yucca, as long as your editing your website, the link below the measurement chart points to a non-existent page... Thanks for providing that resource nonetheless, I appreciate it!

Yeah - I noticed the page was gone too. Guess I should delete the link. Danke...

Pipe wrench actually sounds appropriate, by the way.

Back