• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm Poll

Which Long Arm Kit are you running?

• Rubicon Express

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • TNT Y-link

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • Rustys

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Full Traction

• Rock Krawler 3 link

Votes: 23 12.2%
  • Rock Krawler 4 link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Claytons

Votes: 12 6.4%
  • BDS

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Built my own

Votes: 18 9.6%
  • None - I use short arms and drop brackets

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JNickel101

NAXJA Forum User
I hope I got them all...:anon:

Give it a minute :)

TNT... ease of install

I really dig my T&T long arms. The only downside is getting to the transfer case end of the front driveshaft.

The Hard Struggler said:
I really dig my T&T long arms. The only downside is getting to the transfer case end of the front driveshaft.

yeah that is a valid issue, although i dont plan on working on my tcase much. but the front ds.... that is i real pain. luckily i dont mess with it much either.

The Hard Struggler said:

Yup, gotta drop the bellypan here pretty soon to change out the U joints and change the trans fluid.

-Alex

I really like my RE long arms. Yes, the crossmember hangs a little lower than I would like. That said, when removing and replacing my transfercase a few weeks ago, it was nice being able to move it around the driveway with no crossmember in it.

crasy1_69 said:
I like my RK setup.

I wasn't aware of a RK 4 link long arm setup?

Yeah Craig, it shocked me too - but I was looking at their site the other day, and they have one sorta like Full Tractions...its their "PreRunner Long Arm System"

looks nice :)

and i found out that RK DOES use Deaver leaf springs :D

Ba-Riedo said:
Yup, gotta drop the bellypan here pretty soon to change out the U joints and change the trans fluid.

-Alex
You don't to do the Ujoints.

I thought it would be a total bitch but it isn't that hard. My skid also has a hole in the bottom for the drain plug on the tranny pan. As long as you aren't doing a full service you should still be able to get the oil out.

The Hard Struggler said:

I know what you mean. I enlarged one of the holes and it was easy to get to the ujoint bolts.

In hindsight, maybe I should have made the poll "public" - it would let everyone see who's running what, and that way each "sect" could get together with install/maintenance/tech tips...hmmm....

Back