• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Overhead Consone Help

bclava730

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ, it did not come with a factory overhead console with trip computer but I want to put one in, is the wiring there to put one in, and does the PCM support it? How would I go about putting one of these in if I got one from a junk yard out a 00' XJ?

Since your XJ did not come from the factory with the OHC. They wiring for it is not there. You will need a new harness, Temp sensor, mounting bracket, and the console. As for the harness, for a simple plug in and play stay with a 2000 or 2001. 97-99 will work, but the connectors are different and will require some splicing. The wiring everywhere else is there and the temp sensor wiring is installed in all 97-01 at the factory. Its located behind the grill, snapped onto the bumper. All that is needed is the sensor. Also so that you know, the fabric on the OHC changed colors so if you want it to match you will have to get one for a 99-01 to match a 2000.

I have a write up for this install if you would like it. Just send me you email.

OverheadConsole19992.jpg

Back