• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Tie Rod replacements

redsand187

NAXJA Forum User
I got a call today that brought up a good question. Sort of a friend of a friend situation. Anyways, a guy broke his Currie tie rod end this weekend wheelin', and just so happened to throw out his stock steering. Knowing that I also have the currie set up, I got a call seeking my stock set up, as Currie's ends are on backorder. I tossed my stock stuff just a couple of weeks ago, unfortunately, of course I kept it for over a year though up to that point. (always works that way)

So I got to thinking, are these Currie tie rod ends actually one off's made only for currie, or can they be sourced elsewhere?

I would think you should be able to get them else where. However if you can't I believe I would have a 1 ton tie rod made, and run 1 ton tie rod ends so you can pick them up at the local parts house. Just my 2 cents. They are very strong.

many people in the past have searched for Currie ends sourced elsewhere, including myself.....and so far everyone has come up empty handed that I know about.

I do remember finding some info that Currie does have them specially made for them......but I can't find it off hand right now.

If you are lucky enough to find them elsewhere, I'm sure a lot of people would want to know about it

I kind of figured they are made for Currie, as one end is standard and one end is metric... I wonder if there is a standard end that would "work" being both his rig and mine are for off road use only.

Maybe tomorrow if we are as slow as we were today I'll see if I can get one of the parts guys to help me track something down.

Back