• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 battery woes

ReftonsRed

NAXJA Forum User
So I hadn't had the jeep running for about a month so to sart it i jumped it and everything was AOK while running. Afer letting it run for 15 min. I check it over, everything was fine while running (battery at 14 or so). After shutting it down I try to restart it 5 min. later and the battery is down to 5-6 and dropping quick. So I throw the battery on the charger clean the posts and terminals and when the battery is at 12 it started fine. I let it sit for 5 min. and tried again and it was back down in the 5-6 area. My question is what is causing this?

ReftonsRed said:
So I hadn't had the jeep running for about a month so to sart it i jumped it and everything was AOK while running. Afer letting it run for 15 min. I check it over, everything was fine while running (battery at 14 or so). After shutting it down I try to restart it 5 min. later and the battery is down to 5-6 and dropping quick. So I throw the battery on the charger clean the posts and terminals and when the battery is at 12 it started fine. I let it sit for 5 min. and tried again and it was back down in the 5-6 area. My question is what is causing this?

A bad battery.

Ron

Back