• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stainless steel brake line question

xj-boonie

NAXJA Forum User
Got my old lines loose, and have two questions about my stainless steel brake lines (front):

1. The SST lines came with what look like steel washers, while the rebuilt calipers came with copper washers. Which ones do I use?

2. The SST lines have a traditional bango bolt which can be pointed any direction, where the old line was indexed to the caliper. What direction does everyone have their sst lines pointed? on the backside of the bleeder or on the front side of the bleeder.

Thanks,
Mike

1. Either will work, but I would use the copper washer since it is OEM.

2. Clock them in order to get the hose end pointing as vertical as possible so that they are not pulled agains the end when flexed.

I have heard alot of negative things about the SS lines (breaking and rusting) and I decided to go with mid 90's Chevy truck rubber lines. I just got a set off ebay new with shipping for $13. They are supposed to be good for up to 6" of lift and are direct bolt-ins.

Back