• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about lift and coils

Chad29860

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4 inch lift in the front of my cherokee that consist of trailmaster 4" coils, rubicon express upper and lower control arms for there 4.5" lift. I have someone that wants to trade me a brand new set of 6.5" coils for my four year old 4" coils. How bad of a bind would I put my control arms in by putting the 6.5" ones in. I have intentions of in a month or two buying the Rustys long arm upgrade. I recently redone my rear suspension and its sitting at 6.5-7" of lift and it looks funny now with the nose sitting down.

Even running the CV front shaft that 1/4" would cause vibes. I have JKS Quick discos that I think I can extend to work with the 6.5" springs. Another quick question I want to find out exactly how much lift I am running in the rear you wouldnt happen to have a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the unibody at the front spring perch with 33" tires would you? My rear fenders are cut so I can't measure there.

Last edited:
Well I installed the 6.5" coild springs tonight. I have intentions of getting the long arm kit soon or atleast another set of control arms till I can afford the long arms.

Back