• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix ac no power to orange wire for clutch

The compressor will not engage with low pressure jumped but will engage with power applied directly to it. It will turn on and off with the ac selector when directly wired to power. I know it needs a charge, but think it should power that orange wire w the low pressure jumped, right?

If u a have 12 volt at grn w/tr at low pressure switch. your push a/c push botton witch is good. At a/c compressor u should have a org and black wire and blue w tracer wright? if u do, jump the low pressure switch and applie ground to blue with w tracer at a/c compressor. A/c clutch should engange.

On the compressor are two black wires, spliced together to a bullet plug that meets the orange wire. one of them is grounded on the compressor case, the other goes into the clutch. I jumped from green tracer to the black wire(s) and the clutch will engage. However there is no power at the orange wire when just jumping low pressure switch.

I am sorry I did not mean a/c compressure I ment at a a/c relay. pin 85 should be power supply and 86 should be ground! jump those pins at a/c relay with low pressure switch jumped a/c clutch should engage

FL. 2001 XJ said:
I am sorry I did not mean a/c compressure I ment at a a/c relay. pin 85 should be power supply and 86 should be ground! jump those pins at a/c relay with low pressure switch jumped a/c clutch should engage
it would be easier to just swap a relay with another one.

There are 4 relays on pass fender. Ac is the one all the way towrds nose of jeep right? I tried another relay and nothing happened.

Thanks guys. We charged it by jumping the compressor and then the orange wire was able to power up. ;)

Back