• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just got done putting a comanche bench seat in the front of my cherokee

tribal_4x4

NAXJA Forum User
It looks really good and turned out awsome. Its not a direct bolt in but i was able to have a front and back stud fit on the driver and passenger side and that seat aint goin no where. Also put a comanche center console in. I had to remove the hand brake but today im going to install a foot break. I will have pics up hopefully later today

Last edited:
tribal_4x4 said:
It looks really good and turned out awsome. Its not a direct bolt in but i was able to have a front and back stud fit on he driver and passenger side and that seat aint goin no where. Also put a comanche center console in. I had to remove the hand brake but today im going to install a foot break. I will have pics up hopefully later today
All you have to do to get it to fully bolt in is use your Cherokee bases that bolt to the floor with the Comanche bench seat sliders. You just have to either grind or torch the rivets that hold the two parts of the tracks together and remate them with a screw/nut combo. Then all 4 studs on each side would line up. I give you credit for doing this since it definitely is different, but I have to ask, why go to a bench...? Cute girlfriend?

tribal_4x4 said:
See i was thinking about that but then i just decided to leave it cause the seat doesnt move at all. Its really sturdy
Oh alright, I figured you probably knew, just thought I'd point it out.

I did it to deliver mail, stuff in another kid, and because it's different. I'm pulling it out because the upholstery doesn't match, I'm not delivering mail, the oldest boy bought his own Cherokee, and I want my console back with a handbrake. Finding and installing an underdash handbrake is probably the hardest part of the whole thing, I didn't bother, and inspection is coming up. Just easier for me to switch back (and I can use the passenger lower cushion that hasn't broke all the welds.)

It doesn't adjust at all, this mod is for short people. It does work great if you need to center drive your existing car for rural delivery, but the Comanche seat has a bit of a bubble over the driveshaft hump that you slide off after a while.

Girlfriend? Does somebody not know the back seat folds down completely, like a station wagon at the drive in?

TiRod said:
Girlfriend? Does somebody not know the back seat folds down completely, like a station wagon at the drive in?

its so she can sit right next to you while you are driving. the roof top tent is for the other stuff.

Back