• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Excited w/ Sawzall!

99xj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
0411081549.jpg

Moral of the story... never go outta town and leave us w/ an spare XJ, because we will practice cutting removable hard tops with it.

Any one need a spare top? LOL

In reality we learned a lot. Im really glad we tried chopping the scrap jeep before hacking my XJ up. Its gunna take a lot more bracing, different cutting techniques, and a few tweaks from what I was previously thinking. Just going to make my final product come out better. :)
Project Can Opener is offically started.

In less than a month I should have a dialed in removable hard top.

Yep, the backs cut as low as I can go and still keep the rear seat brackets, and I want 4" infront on the windshield so I can fab up a good seal surface for when the hard tops on, and the pillars are cut right where my current half doors end.

99xj4x4 said:
In less than a month I should have a dialed in removable hard top.

:roflmao:

Good luck!

Just funnin ya, but that seems like a LOT of fabrication in a month, and if I had a dime for every project that I thought would take about so long...

But do keep us posted...

Robert

Ya except Ive been slowly working on it for a month already.
I already have the 4 half doors done, mj tail gate on, everything stripped, cut out some of the sheet metal stock supports, plated the frame w/ 3/16th, and have 4 crossmembers/ braces under it.
This weekend we are bracing the top w/ 1/8th strap to keep it ridged, cutting out the old cage, and hopefully getting the floor plates for the cage tied into the frame (pending time).
Gimme a month.... :wow:

sweeeeet. must be nice to have a spare xj to practice something like that on. :wow:

...especially when its the same color as mine and I need a drivers door (drunk driver took mine out) I hate you.....j/k.
Keep us posted, looks like an interesting project.

Na it all about the 4 doors, but now if you combine all 4 of my 1/2 doors I guess you get 2 full doors. LOL

0309081503.jpg

0406081914.jpg

Back