• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Run you motor on water?

hahaha, I like they're 56 day warantee....:doh:

It's not as farfetched as you think. Look up the "Crower Cycle" - it's a six-cycle process where water is injected after the fuel exhaust cycle, flashed into steam by residual heat, and drives the piston down again.

You still need fuel, but I think it will work with gasoline or Diesel, you just have to change the timing set and add the water injection setup.

Yes - "Crower" as in "Crower Cams."
PHP:

ya, its seems like BS, but do a google or youtube search, lots of stuff out there that atleast makes ya wonder!

Just wondered if there is an XJ guy doing it yet....

I have seen the electric XJ.

*Hmm* interesting...

makes sense though...

The thing is it runs off of electricity. You have to use gas to make power to turn the alternator to make electricity. Then the electricity is used to produce gas. You can't make more energy than you use, that would be perpetual motion. It does sound like a good idea though. I have been reading on these things for a while now. The way to get it to work would be to use thermoelectric Peltier. You use the heat from the exhaust to run your electrolisis machine to produce your browns gas to burn.
Its been discussed on here before

jwtrapper said:
The thing is it runs off of electricity. You have to use gas to make power to turn the alternator to make electricity. Then the electricity is used to produce gas. You can't make more energy than you use, that would be perpetual motion. It does sound like a good idea though. I have been reading on these things for a while now. The way to get it to work would be to use thermoelectric Peltier. You use the heat from the exhaust to run your electrolisis machine to produce your browns gas to burn.

wow, none of that made sense to me. But then again, I am a normal guy that still just puts gas in my jeep....

I am counting on someone else to tell me how to put water in instead of gas.

jwtrapper said:

I knew a Peltier could be used to remove heat or add it, but I didn't know that a Peltier would work in reverse (use heat to make electricity.) Where would I find out more about this?

Just curious...

Why not use banana peels and letuce like Doc did with the Delorean?:attom:

Ya Doc Brown. I wish I could go back in time and change my fukups with letuce and bananas.

you know we are almost there in that field too.

there is research right now that may be able to produce ethanol from things like grass clippings and average compost. anything organic in otherwords would be broken down by bacteria and fermented into alchohol, and if they can bio-engineer a bacteria to break down styrofoam I'm sure they can find one to make a rapid organic change into ethanol to be used in vehicles.

just think of it.

in the future we could use ocean water converted through reverse osmosis in combination with ethanol produced by organic waste to power our vehicles!

Oh and I'm still INCREDIBLY impressed with the WVO Cherokee.

5-90 said:
You're talking about Doc Brown, not Doc Nickel, right?:gee:

Careful, that's my uncle!!!! :D

Red97XJ said:
wow, none of that made sense to me. But then again, I am a normal guy that still just puts gas in my jeep....

I am counting on someone else to tell me how to put water in instead of gas.

Basically, you run electricity through water (electrolysis) and it splits the water molecules into the component gases of Hydrogen and Oxgyen. We all know oxygen is oxidative, so it helps things burn. hydrogen is obviously explosive. Burn them together and you get an explosive force that produces water as waste.

On mythbusters, they showed that a regular vehicle with no modifications will run of straight hydrogen (it still getting air, thus oxgyen, through the air intake).

Basically all this guy has done has used your battery to perform electrolysis to split water into hydrogen and oxygen. Like someone said earlier, you still need to charge your battery, which uses power, which uses fuel. the question is how much is the difference, and if it actually is more efficient.

Back