• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We will be in Washington for most of the Month of June

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
Who would like to wheel some? Ill be driving my XJ up the coast from AZ then work at my sisters place at CHITO Beach on the straits. for a couple of weeks and Im sure I can get away for a day or 2 to play. Any good trials close?

Not much close to there but be ready for body damage :laugh2:. Are trails are real tight with trees on every side. But hit me up and I'll show you around

supsa said:
Not much close to there but be ready for body damage :laugh2:. Are trails are real tight with trees on every side. But hit me up and I'll show you around

Ive got plenty of body protection and will be caged by then also. Oh and willing to travel 100+ miles for a good trail also

Last edited:
NW fest will be fun but you wont see Reiter trails and Reiter is a must

WOW, that is along way out there!!

I am not familiar with any wheeling in that area. The closest thing that comes to mind is Tahuya and the Beach at Grey's Harbor (can't remember exactly which one)?

On another note you should definetly check out the Ho rain forrest and Victoria if you have any extra time.

NW Fest would definietly be the best event to come to. There will be lots of diversity in trails and terrain and people. It would be a LONG trip to any of the common wheeling spots on the eastern side of the Puget Sound (Walker, Reiter, Evan's, Etc).

Michael,
PS. the wheeling here is a little tighter than most of the wheeling I have done in the Flagstaff area and the ground is much more wet and difficult to get traction. On the other hand, we don't have some of the wicked mud that is impossible to get out of and you can't get off your vehicle like you have ;)

CanMan said:
Just google map'd Chito beach, its way up on the penn. Id say Reiter is a whole hell of alot closer than Naches. Speaking of Reiter, is the Lake Isabelle trail open again?

Not sure but on the 19th we will be trying to pass through it. Got a camping trip set up for that weekend so that would be a good time to try. Or see if we can clear some of it out

CanMan said:
Just google map'd Chito beach, its way up on the penn. Id say Reiter is a whole hell of alot closer than Naches. Speaking of Reiter, is the Lake Isabelle trail open again?

It is about 5 hours from Chito Beach to Reiter (give or take due to the ferry ride and wait).

It is about 6.5 Hours from Chito Beach to naches (optional ferry ride).

I like Reiter, I also like Walker, and Evan's. But If I was only going to run a day's worth of trails in WA I would run a select few at Naches over a day at Reiter. Add to this, that this is NW Fest and there would be a much larger group of people and for me it is a no brainer.

Now, the best would be to run Evan's on the way to or back from Nachesparty1:

Just my thoughts.
Michael

It is still fubar. But Ive heard that people are going to try and fix the bridge. Or make a way through there.

All gone under water. Seen some pics and was told that. Haven't heard much since. RTW would know more but I still am going to try it. That way I can run Trail of doom on the way and those who are scared can stay on Izzy. Did that T drop ever show up?

I was unaware something got washed out. Was it that log bridge that is always in the pictures?

Sure was. saw it on NWW. Looked like the water was going around the bridge and the bridge became a dam. So now it looks like the bridge is still under water. Will know more on the 19th

No, I never saw it. I think one of my friends grabbed it on accident or something. The pictures on NWW dont do it justice. I saw parts of it in early december and just the first river crossing (where there never was a bridge) was deeply washed out on the far side and a new bypass had already been created.

You will defiently have fun running it, its going to be a sloppy challenge most likely.

-Alex

rockwerks said:
Who would like to wheel some? Ill be driving my XJ up the coast from AZ then work at my sisters place at CHITO Beach on the straits. for a couple of weeks and Im sure I can get away for a day or 2 to play. Any good trials close?

YA!!WOW!!B.F.E..But if you can make your way to Shelton I cruse around with YA.I know alot of the mountains around here Alot of good stuff to see.And we could hit TAHUYA.Not hard core but my kids dig it.It's close to a 4hr drive for you.But if your adventures let me know.

JACK

Ran the trail with the core and well the brige did get washed out.But the B.E.S.T 4X4 group was up there and shored up the logs so you could make it threw the creek. A little scary but doable . A lot of snow at the top so was not able to go to far but will try agin later.
Duane

Thanks for the up date. We will be there next week to run it

Back