• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30/35 carrier shims

cbarto

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if Dana 30 and 35 carrier shims are the same size? Diameter inside and outside. I rebuilt my TJ 35 after the locker blew and ate the ring and pinion, and need to adjust gear lash in my XJ 30 now. I have enough shims for two and wondered if they can be used. Thanks

cbarto said:
Does anyone know if Dana 30 and 35 carrier shims are the same size? Diameter inside and outside. I rebuilt my TJ 35 after the locker blew and ate the ring and pinion, and need to adjust gear lash in my XJ 30 now. I have enough shims for two and wondered if they can be used. Thanks

Nope they are totaly different.. The D35 uses shims on the outside of the carrier bearings between the housing, and thick in thickness.. Where the D30 uses the shims on the inside of the carrier bearing between the carrier, and thinner in thickness...

Back