• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lower track bar mount stretched

obsolete

NAXJA Forum User
The hole on my lower track bar mount is strectched out and probably the cause of my DW. I want to cut out the whole mount and weld in a new one but I can't find anyone that makes them. I've found every other bracket known to man except this one. Am I stuck with fabing a new one or is there a secret club I can join that produces this bracket? I really don't want to weld up the hole and redrill because getting to the back hole is a PIA.

Thanks for the help guys.

I just gone doing the procedure here http://jeepin.com/features/trackbarfix. It solved my problems with DW so far. I was contemplating a replacement bracket, but that was a little more fab work than I was ready for at this time. This doesn't fix any distortion to the rear hole, so its really only a partial fix, but it seems to be working so far for me.

I took a piece of 1/4" steel, match-drilled the hole to the proper diameter, and welded it right over the top of the front of the bracket. I had to use a lower profile bolt head to clear the tie rod at full pass. turn, but it did the trick.

Thanks for the ideas but it doesn't really adress the back hole and I really just want to replace the whole bracket. I guess my only 2 options are making a bracket or getting the JKS relocation bracket?

Why doesn't anyone make a replacement? It seems like a fairly common problem. The only replacement I found was in the RE full front bracket kit. Maybe I'll give them a ring and see if I can buy just the TB bracket.

I realize this is way after the fact, but for future searchers, if you use a yj bushing on the axle end, it accepts a 1/2" bolt, which will require you to drill out the hole on your current mount to 1/2". Then you've got another several years before it wallows again.

Back