• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any 4 wheelin in Spokane area

anaheimxj

NAXJA Forum User
A buddy of mine is moving to the Spokane area and wanted to know if there is any 4 whellin in the area.

We have done the hard core stuff, but mostly enjoy the moderate stuff.

Can anyone give him an idea of the amount and type of wheelin where he is going?

Thank You

Eastern Washington (spokane) is primarily dusty wide open trails, rocks, and sand. Western Washington on the other hand is primarily tight muddy, rocky, tree lined trails. In the middle you have a very large mt range. There is lots of wheeling on both sides of the mountains and of course in them.

hth,
Michael

MT.. is mostly tree lined with a few rocky trails nothing to hard around Bozeman area not to sure about other parts of this large play ground

Hey Im over here at WSU in Pullman. If anybody is ever going wheeling around here let me know. I havent found anybody to go wheeling with and it's been ahwile since I have gotten some body damage.

In Spokane...

Riverside State Park's ORV area allows Jeeps. If you're just looking for a place to test your skills, and see what your XJ can do, try it out.

Steve- I found this site with a little, very little, info on Riverside http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selectedpark=Riverside&pageno=1
Are the trails suitable, I mean fun, for Jeeps? Some of the OHV areas here in OR (I'm thinking Millican) seem to be only for ATV and Bikes. Are the Riverside trails wide enough for Jeeps and would you consider any parts of them to be challenging for XJ's?

CW - Any more info on Fernan Saddle? Like how to get there, difficulty, etc?

I like how this thread is developing. Sure would like to see more talk like this on the NW Forum. hint, hint

On our last wheeling trip (last Saturday - See Feb 19 thread) we discussed coming your way and hooking up with you folks. How is Moses Lake area? Isn't there a place for us to go there?

There is the dunes. I don't like it much for dirt bikes but could be fun for XJs.

I tend to stay away from the dunes because of the damage the sand does to your rig and the potential for rollover of my rig... but to each his own!

(License Plate)
"IF YOU CAN'T STOP, SMILE AS YOU GO UNDER!"

90 XJ 4.0L I6 Auto
11" Lift, Rustys Longarm Kit, Leafs, Coils, Shackles, OTK Steering, Dual Stab, 4.56 Gears, D30/Ford 8.8, Eaton E-Locker (rear), K&N Cold Air Intake, 35X12.50 BFG MT KM's on Eagle Alloy 15X10's, 6-States Driveshaft, Cracked Windshield, tree damage, oxidation...
Inland Northwest Adventures.com

CW said:
As much fun as jumping the dunes sounds I don't think it's a good idea for people who don't trailor their rigs.

YEAH THAT!!!!
:that:

(License Plate)
"IF YOU CAN'T STOP, SMILE AS YOU GO UNDER!"

90 XJ 4.0L I6 Auto
11" Lift, Rustys Longarm Kit, Leafs, Coils, Shackles, OTK Steering, Dual Stab, 4.56 Gears, D30/Ford 8.8, Eaton E-Locker (rear), K&N Cold Air Intake, 35X12.50 BFG MT KM's on Eagle Alloy 15X10's, 6-States Driveshaft, Cracked Windshield, tree damage, oxidation...
Inland Northwest Adventures.com

dexmike1 said:
For those in the Spokane area. There is a great run to take place in Pinehurst,Id. on the 8th of April.

Check out---
www.nitrailblazers.org
That's really cool! Should we expect to see a lot of Cherokees there?

Thats-Funneh.gif

By the way... you replied to a thread from last year...

April 8th hmm. I should have my heep on the road by then :) I was thinking about trying to de-bug the beast sometime before that. Anyone interested in the Spokane - CDA area?

Back