• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

insanity? 2000 PCM + engine harness in 98?

fordtech

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you may have seen my post last week touching on that I might be putting a NV3550 in my 98 AW4 equipped XJ. Well, I am not there yet, but wanted to start thinking about it (ie. driving myself nuts).

Keep in mind I will have a 2000 donor, with all the parts. I would like to make the 2000 an auto, just so I can sell it as a running vehicle (secondary concern). I am quite comfortable with type of work.

Here's what I have so far.... In order to run the NV3550 in my XJ, I would need to do 1 of 3 things from a wiring prospective. 1. 'Trick' the PCM by jumping the P/N terminal, OR 2. Swap in a 98 Manual XJ PCM, OR 3. Swap the engine harness and PCM from the 2000 donor (This is prefered)

Option 3 would also require me to swap over the coil on plug rail, and the distributor 'sensor'. Anything else? Maybe the Crank sensor? What I am curious about is the body harness that plugs into the PCM, I am wondering if that harness is the same?

That's probably good for now..... :)

Thanks,
Mike

Back