• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GKN driveshaft replacements? Ref. Zappe's XJ Builder's Guide

firefight343

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, so the stick-in-the can finally blew out on me--ripped out of the output shaft/flange/'can'. I've read in Zappe's XJ Builder's Guide that it can be replaced with a "Spicer driveshaft yoke for the transfer case and a stock Spicer drive shaft that is the correct length."

I have an '84 with a good 3.5" of lift (I knew it was only a matter of time that the GKN went out on me). NP-207 t-case. Torqueflight 304 (3-speed auto).

My question...does anyone know which driveshaft and yoke would fit?I don't have enough spare change to get a custom shaft, and even if I did I dont think I'd throw something that expensive under my 84 :) I know that the ds length depends on the engine and t-case used...I've searched and searched and know that I have the red-headed step-child of the Cherokee family--but any help would be great, not having 4x4 defeats the purpose of my Heep.

TIA Ed

Back