• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What SYE is this one??????

Mikey

NAXJA Forum User
I have a SYE that I am taking off an 88XJ 231 transfer case. I am looking to put it on my 97XJ 231 transfer case. I do not know who makes this SYE. I am looking to find that out so that I can download installation instructions and to see if there is a new electric speedometer adapter as the 88XJ had a speedo cable. The only place anything is stamped on it is on its side. It reads: SS101-231. If one of you guys has this SYE, let me know who makes it please. Thanks! :cool:

IMG_2546.jpg

The transfer case is upside down in your pic, if you look at the pic of the PORC sye on mine you can see that the casting is somewhat different, so I'm not sure what you have.

dscn3302.jpg

I don't know about the speedo adaptor, but you can use the Advanced Adaptors instructions (HERE) if you want.

Yeah, I had the t-case on the floor of the garage upside down. The stamped numbers are on the underside of the housing. Thanks for the Advance Adapters instructions. I am sure that will help as I tear into it. I am still not really sure who made it, but I just thought I would see if anyone else had those numbers stamped on theirs. Thanks for the help!

my mistake.

I know this is an old post, but nobody ever answered it. After 2 weeks of searching I found out from 4wheelparts that it is a Pro Comp SYE. It is also the same as a Rugged Ridge SYE and an Advanced Adapters SYE. If I understand it correctly Advanced Adapters are the manufacturers of all 3 brands.

Back