• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTF is wrong?!

Akers87

NAXJA Forum User
headlights work
tail lights work
*dash lighting wont work!
fuses are good
when i pull the knob, oem clock goes off instead of dimming.

what does this mean for me?

Where i'm at, RARELY do i see an XJ in the junk yard WITHOUT a headlight switch. Even if you're not completely sold on it being the switch, you might just go pull one for fun (and practice) and give it a shot. I can't see them charging you more than $5 for it at the scrap yard, or better yet, see if they will let you take it out to the parking lot and try it.

Most of the time it's the rheostat built into the back of the headlight switch, sometimes it's heat damage to the connectors or wiring from a faulty (shorted) rheostat.

headlight switch or bad grounds. the printed cirquit could be coroded and shorting enough to kill the clock. I allways ned to fiddle with my light switch for the gauges to light up, does turning it do anything?

I had one that the lights, heater and turn signals wouldn't work. I sold it.

I would check the headlight switch. I've found that I can't turn off the headlights on my XJ unless the engine is running...

Back