• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 sensor switch?

beakie

NAXJA Forum User
So the other day I replaced both O2 sensors.
Although they have the same plug ends, I thought I put each where they were supposed to go. Pre cat replaced with pre cat and so on for the rear one.

However 4 days ago (3 days after install) the CEL came on giving me O2 codes. One saying
O2 circuit high voltage (bank 1, sensor 2)
and the other saying
O2 heater monitor circuit (or something like that)
I cleared them and have now forgotten exactly what the second one said, and only the first one has returned again.

Now my exhuast past the header is welded, with a flex pipe right before the t-case cross member, than clamped and welded the rest of the way. But where the clamp is I bugared up and have it slipped into the forward tube. So gases can slip out, or get sucked in.

Could gases escaping/entering be throwing the code?
Could I have installed them in the wrong positions?

I will fix the backwards tubing problem soon, but need to get the welder back and some new tubing to replace what I cut out.
Thanks for any help

Last edited:
This can be deleted.
While under the back end putting in a new fuel pump/filter I noticed the O2 sensor was unplugged. I couldn't see it from just looking underneigth, but when actually under there I saw it.

On the plus side, the dirty ole filter that was in there, and I mean dirty, is gone, and the new pump is in too. On the short 5min drive back here, I found it was maybe little peppier, and it certainly idles smoother.

So unless someone can learn from this, feel free to delete.

Back