• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuse issue

supsa

NAXJA Forum User
Put two new lights under the jeep and now my fuse keeps blowing. Got higher amp fuses and same thing. Can I bypass the fuse or will it do harm? Tried to serch but no luck. Thanks

double/triple check all wiring-- bypassing a higher amp fuse than the system was designed to use is asking for a visit from the local fire department.

Wiring is good. Does a 6 amp fuse sound right then? It came to me second hand so not sure on correct amps

It would depend entirely on what the wiring in the harness will support and what the demand of the items needs. 6A is a relatively small fuse, but without knowing what the circuit is designed to support, I'm at a loss.

Just talked to a guy that told me that the wiring should hold a 30amp but I only needed a 15. So its all worked out. Lights are on and still low amps. Thanks

Back