• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash Hack Job

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 XJ. I am putting a gauge in the area where the clock used to be. After the gauge, some switches and all the wiring, it does not exactly fit in the space. Anybody know what is BEHIND that space.

It's probably be good to know that I'm not "modifying" e.g CUTTING into a hornets nest.

I have a Chilton & Haynes but it doesn't show much beyond what is obvious. If anyone has done this mod and knows what's back there could you let me know

nothing that can't be readily moved. pull it out and go for it-- there are very few hornets back there (a few honey bees, maybe-- but not hornets)

Actually, I drilled a small hole into that space, cranked the blower on and went through all the positions of the HVAC and didn't get any flow. I was especially worried about the defrost mode since it comes out of the dash right above that spot. So I blocked off the defrost vents with a towel and still got no flow.

So, I cut. Y'know whats back there. Nothing. No wires, ducts, sensors. Just a 3"x4" hole full of nothing.

Theres a gauge and 2 switches there now.

Back