• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adding more Airsoft?

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
Ok, Im chasing down a vibration and wanting to eliminate tire balance. I have 32" radial swampers, and followed the chart for balancing thats posted on here. Is there any harm in adding more? It didn't seem like all that much weight, so I was thinking of breaking the bead and doubling the amount. Any harm in that?

How hard is it to break/reseat the bead? Air down, pry it off, add beads, line back up and hit with an air compressor? Probably not that easy.

more beads wont hurt, my friend runs about 15 golf balls in each tire, but he has 2.5 rocks and 49's...As for breaking the bead it can be done but it depends on what type of rim you have, a lot of the steelys have a safety bead that can be very hard to break..I have a tire machine that breaks the bead and with the saftey lip they come off noticably harder..

golf balls...???

Same principle, just used on bigger tires. JIM.

Breaking a bead is not that bad. What i do is remove the tire/rim from the heep. remove the valve core, then use my highlift to break the bead.
Put the base of the highlift right next to the edge of the rim and jack up another veichle while hitting the tire with a BFH aroud the rim. Should come off pretty quick. Then to air it up use a little dish soap around the bead to lube it up enough that it will catch and air up.

Could I use a forklift and a 4x4 pressing down?

Usually the easiest way to break a bead is... trying NOT to break a bead :eeks1:

Ive heard of the golfballs used on big rigs quite often, most smaller vehicle owners that tried them don't like them cause they thunk around and make noise at low speeds.

The weight of the forks plus weight on it should work, then... One of my co-workers left his car here :D

Back