• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with Camber/Ball Joint Issue

delfindle

NAXJA Forum User
So I know that my ball joints are shot and need to be replaced.
I most certainly have some positive camber as evident by the terrible wear I am getting on my tires.

I have an alignment check on Thursday, April 10th. I hope to get some numbers about what I am dealing with.

My problem is that i am looking forward into my balljoint purchase. How will I know if I am going to need to get just standard replacement balljoints and everything will come back into alignment. Or parts with an offset to compensate for the camber problem.

I know that when I get the alignment numbers back they're going to say "You have x degrees positive camber." But since they are taking a measurement on a less than ideal platform (My front end with crap balljoints) Any ideas on how to make sure I only make one balljoint purchase??

Perhaps this is one of those simple things by brain isn't making the connection on. But any help would be great!?

There is a 99% chance that your camber problems are caused by your ball joints being shot.Unless the Jeep has been wrecked or you suspect that somthing is bent,standard ball joints should take care of it.Another thing to take into consideration is that most good alighnment shops do a suspension check before the alighnment, and wont even put the alighnment heads on it if they find loose parts.

Back