• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

teeter totter

96cherokee40

NAXJA Forum User
Been having a problem for about a week now, or maybe I just haven't noticed it before. When I am backing up in a left hand turn or going forward while turning right, I get some slow back and forthe from the steering wheel. If I let it go as I am rolling, it will stay still for a second, then try to recenter for half a second and so on. It feels almost as it does if you put it in 4wd on pavement and go into a slow turn. I am pretty well totally stock, but I also started getting wobble a few months ago so I almost definitely need to do new bushings all around, I will check the track bar tonight.. But could this be a differential thing? WHen going straight, it is perfectly fine, so I don't think i need an alignment.

Okay, so I got home and jacked her up and the issue is definitely with the u joint on the right side of the axle. Has anyone been down this road in recent history? I can't tell if I can replace it without removing the whole hub assembly and removing the whole shaft.

Back