• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ long arm suspension build Q?

geberhard

NAXJA Forum User
XJ Newbie here, flame suit activated :D Plannig to build my own arms, and appreciate suggestions on coils and leafs you guys are running to clear 35's. The XJ currently has a short arm setup, with some 4" coils and general store spacers, not wure what is in the rear. Sits pretty low, and fenders have been trimmed some, and some fair "rubbing" :D

Long shot, but also looking for XJ long arms setup, if anyone has recently gone to a custom setup, or parting out a rig. Mainly looking for coils and leafs, but a complete kit would be great!

The rig:

cherokeeforsale31708016.jpg

Thanks!

Gui! whats up?

basically - just copy what is out there... take a look at the TNT Y-link, take a look at a 3 link front suspension and see if that is what you are looking for - I cant be happier with mine -
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=934580&highlight=3+link
:anon:

for coils to clear 35's - im running RE 3.5 coils and a 1.75" spacer... I want to put some Skyjacker 6" coils in though because they have a firmer rate that Im looking for...
Leaves, Most people I know either run:
RE 5.5" leaf springs with a 1.5" shackle
custom 'bastard pack' springs
custom Deaver or Alcan springs $$$

I run the bastard pack based on RE 3.5's and some Skyjacker 4" YJ springs with a ladder bar - I cant be too much happier...

:wave1:

i have a 97 xj with a RE long arm, 7.5 RE coils, rustys rear 6.5 with a 1.5 shackle i am parting out in about a month also i have a set of waggy d44s set up for the xj with 4.88s and lock-rites i am selling the rear has a disc brake conversion on it also. any questions email @ [email protected]

Back