• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5L to 4.0L Engine swap...

docboy209

NAXJA Forum User
One of my co-workers blew up the 2.5 in his '95 Wrangler. He got a 4.0 w/tranny and electrical/electronics. He ran into a problem with the motor mounts. The brackets welded to the frame rails are about 7" too far back, and are about 1/2" too wide. The engine is against the firewall using the 4.0 rear crossmember. Anyone else run into this? Got any ideas besides cut and reweld the mounts?

Not framiliar with the Wrangler, but I did a 2.5L to 4.0L XJ and all I did was bolt in the 4.0L mounts instead of the 2.5L mounts.

YJ frame horns are welded to the framerails, XJ/MJ's are bolted. You will need to cut off the 2.5 horns and weld the 4.0 horns on in the correct spot.

Jeff

Jeff in VA said:
YJ frame horns are welded to the framerails, XJ/MJ's are bolted. You will need to cut off the 2.5 horns and weld the 4.0 horns on in the correct spot.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. That's what he did. Had to fab new horns because the frame bends upwards where he needs to weld them.

Back