• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will Johnny Joints fix this?

thobson

NAXJA Forum User
I have a gen2 RK 3 link and am tired of rebuilding these joints just to have them quickly wear out again. This is a DD w/ 33's soon to be 35's will johnny joints last longer for me or is there another joint that I should look at that will be better?

Last edited:
I don't think I want to go with rod ends I am trying to keep it a good ride it is still my Daily Driver. Also I don't believe that RK has redesigned their joints at all they have just created new long arms. Has anyone ever used the Ballistic fab joints and can tell me how they last, also is this the same joint that RE uses?

I run the Rubicon Express joints in my junk - they work great... i tighten them whenever I am re-doing my suspension, but dont notice them otherwise...

if you're wearing through joints too fast, consider going to bigger joints... When I was DD'ing, I ran 3/4" bore heim joints for my steering after wearing through a TON of 5/8" heims... once I changed, I didnt have the pre-mature wear issues anymore... They are still tight after DD'ing for some time and trailering since then for more than 2 years now...

Back