• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tsl's vs thornbirds

silver_s13 said:
you should consider Dick Cepek Mud Countrys, they perform pretty well.

Every single tire mention prior is a bias ply tough trail tire. Where did that come from?

I really liked my TSL over the winter they do dig so as long as you can get to something soild you were alright

Last edited:
Thornturds are junk...period! Like stated above, they are made to "look" mean, but they are not worth a damn. Just take a look at the tread pattern between the TSL's and the Thornturds, that will answer your question for ya.

I assume the engineer who designed the Thornturd's rotting skull is atop a pike outside the gates of Interco, warning all who enter never to commit so vile a transgression...

I didn't see the skull on the pike, but at the off road EXPO this weekend, even the Interco reps warned people that they weren't for mud or daily driving.

Thornbergs are best if you want a dirt cheap used off road tire. Pick them up for next to nothing and groove the heck out them.

fubar XJ said:
I assume the engineer who designed the Thornturd's rotting skull is atop a pike outside the gates of Interco, warning all who enter never to commit so vile a transgression...

I think the warning fell on deaf ears......
SS M16

although for some reason these look like they would probably out perform a thornbird...but not by much!!

here are pics of those armstrongs. they are called a tru trac

DSC04080.jpg

DSC04082.jpg

here is a pic of my carnage that resulted from loosing traction on a hill climb with thornbirds saturday.

DSC04076.jpg

DSC04077.jpg

Back