• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 xj clutch trouble

ezsk8er

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 96 xj and have just raplaced the slave cylinder and hose, and i am now having troubles. i can shift gears fine, put it in gear take it out fine, but if i sit with the clutch in and with it in gear, for a little while just a couple seconds sometimes my jeep will start creeping forward, the 96 has no bleeder valve and i dont know that much about the workings of a clutch i tried taking the cap off and pumping to look for bubbles but nothing, i am at a loss, it has new friction plate any help is appreciated
thanks kc

No there isnt a way to bleed the system on my 94' I have to replace the whole master, hose, slave as a complete unit that comes prefilled and bleed. I need to do this too because i am leaking master fluid on the inside of the jeep not too fun.

Sorry to be off subject here,but does anyone know if the older renix jeeps have a bleed valve for the master cylinder? Mine won't build pressure a squirts all over the floor. (bought it like this) the plunger is bad in it,so I can just replace it with a rebuild right? And yea....getting fluid all over your pants sucks.

A rebuild kit for the master should fix your problems sounds like a pressure drop from a bad seal, same goes for the guy who got the fluid on himself :p should fix you right up and its a REALY easy fix. Hope that helps.

Semper Fi
General Lochlee

Back