• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bumper

doinky72

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a contact or a link from where to buy the extended bumper mounting brakets. I have seen it on here before but can't seem to find it. I am trying to build my own bumper but don't want to build the brakets.

Thanks for the help
Chris

is there a reason to take off the bumper?? alot of the guys with TJs i know just welded it....what is the rearson to take it off? is there something there that can only be removed with the bumper off down there?

It will be a tough job to get it off if you ever have to. You are also moving the weak point back into your unibody, if you ever hit a solid object instead of mesing up your bumper brackets you could tweak the unibody. I would just use grade 8 hardware and nylocks or lock washers.

~Alex

alex22 said:
It will be a tough job to get it off if you ever have to. You are also moving the weak point back into your unibody, if you ever hit a solid object instead of mesing up your bumper brackets you could tweak the unibody. I would just use grade 8 hardware and nylocks or lock washers.

~Alex

wouldnt grade 8 bolts be stronger than the unibody?? and tweak it anyway?

ChrisRFewell said:
wouldnt grade 8 bolts be stronger than the unibody?? and tweak it anyway?

Why would you want to make it non-removable. That doesn't make much sense... It would be easier to just bolt it on. Plus, it would make more sense!

Back