• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What budget boost

WraithKWK

NAXJA Forum User
OK so yet another Noob question from me but hey whatever!!

Budget boost will allow me 31" tires

RE's is $300
4 wheel custom is $124 w/out shocks

Any advice....

lol i ment to post in the socal thread ...but no worries

i would go with a soft 3". like rc or ghetto style before i spent time installing a socalled 'budget boost'
it can be done for cheap, you will hate yourself for going too small

I've got the RC 3" full lift, it cost less than the RE "Budget Boost" and came with shocks. Fits 31s nicely as everyone has said. IMO a 3" lift is a much better starting point for a rig than a BB. I have pics if you are curious.

Mod-tech would still have been better than SoCal or SoCal For-Sale...

Any 3" kit will run 31s fine, 2" with trimming.

Whats the RC stand for

with a 3 " lift are there any other things that will pop up that i need .... like an ASE or anything

With an '89, you probably won't need an SYE or a t-case drop with 3" of lift.

I ended up getting an adjustable trackbar because it just irritated me that the driver's front tire stuck out a little farther than the passenger tire did, but I would recommend that you do the lift first and then you can tell if you'll need a new trackbar or not. It's certainly not a requirement.

i didnt need a tracbar at 3", just fyi
nor sye on my 90
but stay at 3", 3.5" re stuff may put you up too high to stay on a budget.

Be sure to *call* RC and ask for Jason and tell him you are a "red" NAXJA member. He's made me some really sweet deals in the past.

Yeah, that's the same lift I'm running, and for the money I think you'd be really hard pressed to get anything better. It flexes great!

Back